Nikki Jones from AMRC Training Centre attended the WCC meeting on Wednesday 4 March to talk about parking for the students.
She explained the current plan of action to the Councillors;
- the AMRC Estates Team are looking to bring forward an additional 55 spaces. However, this is dependent on funding from the University and planning permission being agreed.
- A permit scheme is to be introduced and students encouraged to do more car sharing
- Due to changes in the curriculum students have had to attend the Centre more in their third year than before, but changes again will mean this is just for one year.
- When looking at September’s timetable, they are now considering how to ensure more students attend on a Friday, which is under capacity. This will affect attendance of students across the week and parking.
- AMRC have agreed to attend future WCC meetings and welcome contact – email@example.com
Separately, having spoken to Harworth, although there is planned a second road near AMRC it would solely be for buses. Harworth are considering if they can introduce double yellow lines on their road, but are wary of moving the issue across Waverley.